Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Cheers to Learning

I've been thinking about learning a lot lately, seeing as I am supposed to help people do this thing called learning. So I was looking into good quotes about learning and found some great ones. I though I'd share:




•Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere. ~Chinese Proverb


•All the world is a laboratory to the inquiring mind. ~Martin H. Fischer


•Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes


•Learning is not a spectator sport. - D. Blocher


•Give me a fruitful error any time, full of seeds, bursting with its own corrections. You can keep your sterile truth for yourself. ~Vilfredo Pareto


•It is important that students bring a certain ragamuffin, barefoot irreverence to their studies; they are not here to worship what is known, but to question it. ~Jacob Bronowski


•The biggest enemy to learning is the talking teacher. - John Holt


•When you know something, say what you know. When you don't know something, say that you don't know. That is knowledge." - Kung Fu Tzu (Confucius)



•What I hear, I forget.

What I see, I remember.

What I do, I understand.

- Kung Fu Tzu (Confucius)




•A lot of people have gone farther that they thought they could because someone else thought they could. ~Anonymous


•To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.


•When the student is ready, the master appears. ~Buddhist Proverb


•I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday. ~Abraham Lincoln


•I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill


•Always walk through life as if you have something new to learn and you will. ~Vernon Howard



No comments: